Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Monday, December 12, 2005

Well...I started playing poker again daily on Friday. Friday didnt go so well, I sat playing the $3-$6 limit first and got bored with that and moved to two $4-$4 NL tables. Things didn't go good there, not because I was getting unlucky but because I was playing stupid. I ended up losing $725 when I finished on Friday. Saturday went well, although I did get unlucky quite a bit I still finished the day up $1K. There really wasn't any hands of significance, it was just an easy cruising day. On Sunday the day couldn't have been better, poker and football. The Vikes won and I have to say Brad Johnson has turned this team around. Although the team hasn't played any real powerhouses except for the Giants, their defense is forcing turnovers and their offense is getting some yardage, their real test will be next week against the Steelers, this game will tell if the Vikings are for real or not. Poker also went good today, I played the $2-$2 NL tables for about eight hours and won $1350. I had some unlucky breaks, like my QQ getting busted by a 57 offsuit in a $500 pot, but I also had an extremely lucky hand as well. I picked up QQ UTG, and raised it up to $8, a player in middle position reraised to $25, two players flat called, this was very unusual, so I decided I better isolate the pot down to myself and another player, so I reraised to $75. The middle position raiser folded, and the first caller, pushed in! What???? Goes from flat calling a raise to pushing? I figured at worst I was up against AK, and being that I was getting offered about 3.75 to 1 on my money, I was obligated to call. The board was all unders until the river which was a Q, I figured I had the best hand anyway. I was surprised to see that the player had AA! Wow, did I make a horrendous read on this hand, I didn't think that particular player could possibly have AA or KK, because of the player's flat call with two players in front, why would you want to let two playes into your pot and possibly outdraw you?? Well...in this case her play worked to perfection, she trapped me, and I simply got lucky. My hourly wage right now is sitting at $54.35, which I am pretty happy with, but it should level out somewhere between $20-$30, because not only am i running good right now, but I am also playing very well. Hopefully this will all carry over to the Heartland Poker Tour Event this weekend, that me and Mike will be participating in. I plan on updating this blog daily while I am bored at work, heh, so I hope you all find it interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home