Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Monday, December 12, 2005

Chip and a chair, is that the saying?
I played in the $50+4 NL Hold'em tourney tonight, and got crippled early when i misplayed a hand against a rock. I had Q10 out of the big blind and took a free flop, flop was QQ4, Early position player bet 200, the rock called as did i, trying to trap. Blank on the turn and I decided to take the pot now and pushed in. The original bettor folded, and the rock called instantly and showed QJ, argh! I failed to improve on the river and was down to 90 chips. Few things about this hand, I couldn't have played it more poorly. This is a great example of what happens when you focus too much on your own hand and not on your opponents. I knew this player was a rock, and what else would he flat call with on a flop of QQ4, obvioulsy he was slowplaying and I wasn't paying close enough attention and didn't realize it.
So now I have 90 of our original 1500 chips, I get AA the very next hand and double up. I had AA 8 times today in the span of 5 hours!!! Three in the tourney and five in the cash game. I then proceeded to triple up with A10, now I was back up around 1150, got all my chips in with KQ vs AQ, and rivered a flush. I then went from here and simply outplayed people, I was playing extremely well. Then I hit a rock of cards and began a battle with the blinds, to no avail I finished 6th out of 247 so not bad, but pretty upsetting since I was playinig well after that first debacle.
All in all, I can't be dissappointed, I came back from 90 chips to cash for a profit of $490. I also didn't get any bad beats when I had all the chips in the middle, so that was key. I have now cashed in 3 of 6 tourneys in the last four days which is extremely good. Things are looking good for the Heartland Poker Tour this weekend. I did lose $250 in the cash games today, just couldn't get anything going in those and was getting very unlucky in all the big pots. The five times I had AA I either won the blinds or won an extra raise nothing real significant.
The money was pretty insignificant today, but I am very happy with the way I played and look forward to going to the HPT this weekend with Mike (fmlycar.blogspot.com).

More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home