Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Its official, my partner in crime, Mike, has quit his job, and you know what that means, i'll be soon to follow. It's nice having a steady paycheck and benefits, but frankly, making $10/hour sucks! The only real reason I have been keeping this job is to keep my Aunt happy who I have been living with, but once I decide to go fulltime playing poker again, she'll be giving me the boot, and I won't have my cigar smoking buddy (my uncle) anymore :-(
A little about my buddy Mike, the poker player. He's a tight, aggressive player, who does switch gears every once in awhile. He switches a little less frequently than I do, which is probably good, because against the players of today, I get caught too much. He has very good instincts for the game, he doesn't necessarily pick up any physical tells on players, he more or less just smells weakness or strength from a mile away and is normally right. Probably the biggest strength in his game is his ability to play position, but that is also one of his weaknesses, he is a little too predictable sometimes, he will always bet his position and strong players pick up on that. He's not afraid to lay down a very strong hand, and in turn isn't afraid to put in all his chips with bottom pair or no pair if he thinks he is a favorite. All in all, Mike is a strong cash game player, full and short handed, his tournament game was pretty weak until recently when he has been working on it, and it is becoming as good as his cash game skill. Look for him to roll over the cash games at the HPT this weekend, and barring any bad luck, have a good showing in the tournament as well. Unfortunately for Mike tho, I will be kicking his ass in bowling and beer pong.
As far as poker goes for the last few days, I didn't do anything. I got one of my wisdom teeth cut out and it was really sore, so I just kinda lounged around. I went to dinner last night with a friend at Red Lobster and it was outstanding, normally I don't like Red Lobster, but for some reason this time I enjoyed it, maybe it was the fact that she paid for me, normally I always pay, so this meant a lot to me that she paid for me, not because it saved me money, it was just a very genuine gesture, other than that I haven't done anything exciting. I'm hoping the hotel we are staying in will have Ethernet so I can give some updates about this weekend, but I highly doubt it. So, my next post will probably be on Monday, and hopefully it will have a story about how I came back $40K-50K richer.

-Bakken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home