Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Saturday, January 13, 2007

And I am back in business.....my buddy gave me a little of what he owed me, so I decided, although small, this would be a good bankroll to start playing poker again. I've decided to work this bankroll up the right way, playing within my limits and grinding it up, like I should've before. It'll be a lot easier and much less stressful this time around as I have a job to pay for bills and other expenses, so my poker bankroll is just that, my POKER bankroll.

So I started yesterday playing $1/$2 Limit Hold'em, $.25/$.50 No Limit Holdem, and $.25/$.50 Pot Limit Omaha, and it has gotten off to a very good start. I have been playing pretty good, but running quite good as well. I have logged 11 hours on two tables so far, and am up $385 from poker and another $122 rakeback, which already doubles my bankroll. I still need to be a little careful though, as playing the $50 buy-in PL and NL is strecthing my bankroll a little bit much, but I feel playing the PL Omaha games are safe enough for now, plus its kinda hard to find a limit game sometimes.

I'm hoping I can have my bankroll up to $2000 by the end of the month, but that would be a very good run of having good luck AND not having bad luck...it's a goal nontheless though.

I am also moving out of my apartment and either into another one or a house...they fucked Mike and I out of getting our security deposit credited towards rent, AND they are raising rent, so I am going to look for a place closer to the golf course and maybe a little cheaper too.

It really feels good to be playing poker again, this last time going broke had been especially stressful, because it took me a full seven months just to save up $500 to start playing again...and even then it was a gambling debt from one of my friends who was nice enough to honor that debt unlike some of my friends. I simply will not let myself go broke this time, it just isn't going to happen, I have learned a lot from going broke the previous two times and will not be making those mistakes again. I plan on having this bankroll worked up to around $75,000 by the end of the year, and will keep my job until I have a $100,000 bankroll, because at that point, I can pay all my bills for three months on a good solid day of $100-$200.

That'll be all

-Bakken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home