Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Due to some recent complaints, I'll finally do an update. I'll try to get everything but i'll probably forget some stuff.

First off the job situation, I am currently working at TPC of Summerlin, and just got fired from my job at Doggie Oasis for some bullshit reason. But I'm ok with it, I just wanted the job to play with the dogs, now i'll have more time for golf and my job at the golf course which pays pretty good. I like this job a lot, once I get back to playing poker, i'll still work there twice a week, as that is enough to pay bills and it gives me free golf, the membership is real sweet too.

My golf game is getting there, my handicap is a 3.4, which is pretty normal, I should be down to scratch soon, hopefully after my trip to MN so I don't have to give up too many strokes. I also got a new shaft in my driver to try and fix my launch angle problem, I decided to tip it and turn it into an X flex. That was a bad idea, I still hit it high, but with a ton less spin so I get about 25-30 yards more distance when I don't block it, I may have to change it back to a in between S and X flex, so I can get through the ball.

I am planning on making my alleycat like return to poker at the Fall Poker Classic, i'll probably play a little PLO8 online before that and some tournaments to get back into the swing of things. I am hoping to win the all around player award this year. I haven't played a hand of real money poker since I went busto, just been working, bowling, golfing, and saving money to make my return.

I am coming back to Minnesota August 14-21, to do some golfing and fishing at the cabin. I am pretty excited, that saturday the whole family will be there, mom, dad, bros, uncles, aunts,grandparents, cousin's, it'll be good to see family again, and kick their asses fishing.

That'll be all for now
-Bakken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home