Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Just call me the king of donkey's. I made so many sickly horrible moves last night it was unbelievable. We'll start with the cash game, First hand I get involved in a big pot wiht is AQ of hearts, one EP limper, and one MP limper, I make it $10 to go from the SB, trying to isolate one opponent. Both call, grrrr, flop comes A97, one heart. A pretty damn good flop for me, I check, intending to check-raise the suited ace-nothin of one of the limpers, EP bets $25, MP folds, I make it $75 to go, he moves in. Fuck me, what have I gotten myself into now, there is $245 in the pot and I have to call getting such a large price on my money. He flips over 97 os, and wins the pot. Looking back I guess there was nothing I could do about this, I just sat at the table, didn't know what type of player anybody was, and couldn't have possibly put him on 97 os.
I then lost another large pot with 4 way action on a board of 98Q rainbow. I was holding 98, my opponent 99, another bad play by me. So I ended the cash games down $221, not bad considering how poorly I was playing I should've lost a LOT more.
Now to the tourney, I was cruising and was 12th in chips with about 75 players left until I made this STUPID play. I raise with AJ suited UTG (why I did this I have no idea, I usually play AQ cautiously UTG. let alone a measly AJ), UTG+1 moves in, it comes back to me, and I talk myself into making a HORRENDOUS call. I beat essentially nothing here, and was only gettin about 2.25 to 1 on my money. The player shows QQ and I go unimproved, now I am downt o the average chipstack and go card dead. I move all in desperately for 5x BB with QJ of diamonds, get raised by 1010, thanks for the protection, she made a player fold AQ. I flopped a flush draw, but was unable to suckout. I finished 42nd out of 918 and cashed for $130, pretty upset about this, as I was in good shape to do well in this tourney and donked off a ton of my chips.
Funny thing is I only lost about $130 on a day where the only thing that surpassed my brilliance was my idiocy, and on some days where I don't make one wrong or bad move I'll lose a $1000, heh, poker is such a fickle game.

-Bakken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home