Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Monday, August 04, 2008

Wow, its been almost a year since my last blog...i'm just gonna focus on recent events in this one so its not too lengthy. The WSOP once again thrashed another bankroll of mine, I did have a backer this year, but I still shouldve stayed away from all events, since my tourney game was very rusty. So I have started playing tournament poker, mainly SNG's(Sit-n-Go's) to rebuild my bankroll, these games were my bread and butter for many years and I decided to go back to them. Its a painstakingly slow process as I am playing such low stakes, but has been going very well so far. I have been playing $10+1 SNG's on Full Tilt and the occasional MTT (Multi-Table Tournament) pretty much everyday. My ROI (Return on Investment) is nothing short of godly right now...just under 66%, meaning for every $100 I put in, I should expect to profit $66 for that $100 invested. Obviously I am running very well, because even at these low stakes that is an insane ROI, so I should expect a downswing soon. SNG's just fit my game so well, I went back to how I used to play in college, not playing much of anything out position, and if I do making sure I give myself large fold equity against my opponents, and playing almost anything in position and chipping away at the small pots slowly growing my stack. This strategy works very well in these games as your stack increases very safely and then you can start busting people with a large range of hands depending on the percentage of the stack and pot odds it costs you. Its also very good for your table image, you look almost like a maniac even to the most novice of players who rarely pay attention to things of such matter, which in turn allows them to make weak pushes against you, and pay off your big hands, and also makes them afraid to play any pot against you because you look like such a loose cannon, when in fact you are playing a very controlled and calculated strategy. On the flipside, MTT's are going quite the opposite of SNG's, I haven't cashed in eleven, and have been running very bad, but thats to be expected. The variance is so high in MTT's that it isn't a far cry to go 0 for 30 in cashes, although that is a very bad streak of variance.

My truck is toasted, so I sold the sweet ride for $500 and will miss her. The even worse news is I have no way to get to Blue Martini, so that job is essentially down the tubes. I will be coming home to Minnesota September 1st-8th and look forward to seeing the family and friends. It'll be nice to play some non desert golf courses too.

Well....thats pretty much all I got for now, hopefully my next blog will include a hand replay of a major cash and limit increase.

-Bakken out

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home