Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Wow, its been roughly two years since my last blog.....I havent really had much to blog about other than my impending doom in Vegas that sent me back to Mom's basement in MN. I've been here for a little over a year now and had not expected to be here for more than six months tops. But, as with most of my plans, they fall through, I havent really played poker much at all since ive been back, took me about four months just to find a job, and really havent been doing much of anything. I bet ive only played about 400 games of poker this entire time i've been back. Well, its time for me to stop getting lazy and start grinding again or i'll never get out of here.

I've started playing the 45 man turbos on stars to see if I can beat them, and my god, are these things a gold mine. I've only played about 200 games, and my ROI is 15% and ive been running pretty terrible (lots of variance in these turbos). Most of the players in these games have no concept of ICM ( Independent Chip Model ), shove/fold ranges/poker, and just a somewhat basic strategy for this tournies. One area I am having issues with is the final tables of these, the average stack has so few bets at the FT that it almost plays like a super turbo STT, with most players sitting on 5-8 BB's. I've been pounding the bubble like normal when in late position with roughly 50% of my raising range ( essentially anything better than Q7 , pairs, and most suited connectors ) and have been busting a lot in the 5th-9th range. For instance, i'll open shove on button with like a K8 ( plenty good to be shoving there ) and the SB or BB will wake up with some sort of decent Ace or a premium hand and i'll be sent packing or crippled. The FT's have so much variance, you can go from being a 2 to 1 CL to a 9th place finish in 2 hands. While, im running probably at around an ROI that is pretty standard for these through 200 games, I think I may be misplaying these FT's, maybe playing too aggressively. I've been watching videos and posting at twoplustwo to try and learn if im approaching these FT's right, since I am rather new to these. While I despise turbo tournies, I love how much volume I can get in, and theyre far easier to multi-table than the STT.

Anyway, i'm gonna TRY to keep this puppy updated once a week or so and hope it keeps me motivated to hit my goals every month so I can GTFO out of Minnesota and back to my beloved city of Vegas.

Goals for the month of August: 1500 games, 15% ROI, $1350 profit ( I know, I know, its a tiny amount but the bankroll is rather small and im trying to learn the proper strategy for this type of SNG MTT.) Frustrating that I used to make that in 10 days in rakeback alone and now I have to grind the fuck out of games to make it in a month lol, oh well, REBUILD TIME!!!!!

-Bakken out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home