Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Wow, are people bad at Omaha, I mean, i'm not very good at the game, but the way some people play this game blows my mind. I had my chipstack up over 10,000 early in the $10+1 PL Omaha HL tourney, until I put all my money in with midset and got called by a player with top pair, and a couple runner runner draws, needless to say he went runner runner for a full house, and I was down to 2500. I found out that players were tightening up and ALWAYS went after the low, so I decided to start playin ultra aggressive, and it worked well, i made some good hands, but worked for most of it, and got up to 27,500, and was a huge chip leader. Then came the donking of the chips, I made a few ill-advised bluffs and was down to 20,000, then I got widdled down a little more before I made a jack high flush only to run into the nut flush, kinda figured I was beat, but the guy was so shortstacked I figured I needed to call. They paid the final table and with 11 players left, i made another jack high flush out of the sb, low and behold the BB had the nut flush, once again, I figured I was beat, but this time I was so shortstacked I couldn't fold, and wasn't trying to hang on for a whopping profit of $9. All in all, I felt I played well, even the players that thought they knew what they were doing, really didnt. They'd call allins with hands like QQA4 single suited, not exactly a premium hand in Omaha high or HL. So, I may have to brush up on my game a little more(as mine is not as good as it should be) and play some PL Omaha cash games seeing as how players severly misunderstand the game. So thats another bubble finish to chalk up for me, but it wasn't like I was expecting to do anything in a game that is far from my best, its always nice to get more experience in the game tho.

I ended up making a measly $100 in the cash games, and lost $50 in the Long Kiss Goodnight tourney, busting only 2 hours in when my KK got snapped by 33, he made a str8, gotta love poker right????
Time for me to hit the sack, I have a long weekend in good ol Two Harbors planned, and there will be severe amounts of alcohol consumed, I may not be sober for the entire weekend, so have a good New Years' all!!!

-Bakken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home