Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Monday, March 27, 2006

Talk about nice weather, it was 75 degrees and sunny today. I decided to do some golfing with my buddy Daniels, and two members from TPC of Summerlin. I played pretty well, minus a few horrid shots, shooting a 78, the members we played with were very cool, and apparently both VERY rich, one of them owned his own private jet. We are having another match with them on Monday, and hopefully Daniels and I can prevail this time. I found out that TPC of Summerlin is hiring some bagroomers, so I think I'll snag a job there for a little extra income and the FREE golf at a GREAT course. One of the members and I also sparked a conversation about jobs, and I think he was going to offer me a job at one of his companies, but he stopped mid sentence for some reason? A job with this dude would be sweet as it would probably pay very well and maybe open future doors just in case poker doesn't workout, so I will continue to network and try working those angles, you can never know too many successful people ;-)

Now onto some poker stuff, I got paid this week for pokerworld finally and got a nice little $780 for 8000 hands, pretty good change for rakeback =) Also, I am far and away in first place for the WSOP freeroll for the $1500 seat. If I win it, I will be giving my seat to my roommate, taking 50% of his action, along with the $600 spending money since he won't need it. I came out of retirement the other night and played some live poker down at Binion's, they didn't ID me =) This is supposedly one of the tougher games in town and this game was VERY soft. Here is a particular hand that I will pan out the decision, for those of you who read, leave me a message of what you think the player had and what your action was, and then I will tell you what I did. Here's a hint, if I would've been playing five days a week live, I would've made a different play. So here is the hand:

I pick up AKos UTG, and make it $15 to go (blinds $1/$2), VERY loose player to my immediate left calls, and a rock also cold calls in cutoff position. The flop is KQ6 rainbow, I bet $30, loose player folds, and the rock cold calls. Turn is an offsuit 8, I bet $60, and he just calls again. River is a 2, I bet $80, and the rock says "Well, I wanted to go" and moves in for $130 more. So a few more things I noticed, he was breathing heavily, sitting back in his chair, but altho he was a rock, he was a bad, inexperienced player. So what do you do? There is $417 in the pot, and you have a VERY good hand on a unthreatening board of KQ682 rainbow, do you fold or call? And why? I'll tell you what I did, and what I was thinking at the time, etc, etc.

I also finally put in a winning session on pokerworld and finished 5th in a tourney, so that was nice, it seems things may be turning around for me finally. Although, I did get hosed in the tourney out of 2 or 3 payspots, like this: Player A has 85,000; B has 60,000, I have 35,000, C and D each have 15,000. Players A,B, and D get it all-in on a flop of 235 rainbow, A has A4, B has 1010, D had 88. So both players were drawing to runners to split or win the pot, turn A, river 4, for a godforsaken split, arg! Ah well, at least, things went well until that point. So until me next venture....

-Bakken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home