Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Monday, August 02, 2010

Uugggghhhhh.....another deep run in FTP's rush 8k fizzles in a 50th place finish....This latest one was tough to take, i keep forgetting that i'm playing against poor players for the most part and make plays that will not work most of the time against them, and it was my undoing again tonight. I got lucky early in the tourney when I ran QQ into AA and binked a Q on the river, it was smooth sailing from there until we got down to 100 players. I pissed away some chips and dropped down to 13.5K, when I picked up TT in BB, folded to the button who min raised to 400 ( blinds 100/200 with 25 ante I think ), SB overshoves 17.5k all in, i snapped called, and she tabled 22 and I held, i was back to top 15 in chips, ran it up to 29k when this debacle unfolded:

Folded to me in the button and I raised with 57 os, sb folded, bb called ( BB hand 20ish k behind ) flop came down AQJ rainbow. BB checked, i led into the the pot for 1575, BB called. At this point i'm figuring BB has a weak ace, KQ, JT, KJ in the " I can get her to fold with three barrels range " and KT, AQ, AJ, QJ in the "stupid bluff range". An offsuit six peels on turn, and BB checks to me again, i decide im gonna fire again and if she calls, ill barrel again on river because i believe a weak ace or any of the nutty hands in her range she'd be raising here since she's OOP. So I bet 3750, she called again, so now im pretty certain she has KQ, JT, KJ, or some sort of strange hand with a Q or a J in it. River is a 9 of hearts, she checks, and now im licking my chops thinking about how big of a pot im gonna win just by outplaying my weak/tight opponent, she had just a little over in her stack than was in the pot, so i bet a little less to make it look like i wanted value, and bet 9750...she snap called with KQ!!!!! Fuck me, was that devastating, too read an opponent so well, and put a move on her/him ( whatever the fuck it was ) that would work on 85% of the poker playing population and i run into one of the idiots that play their hand and dont pay attention to anything else. Just one example of trying to outplay bad players with no cards that i need to stop trying to do.

And to further my idiocy, i proceeded to donk off the rest of my chips when i had 20 bb's left because i felt like i was shortstacked......SSSSIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHH.

Oh well, back at it tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home