Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Saturday, October 30, 2010

So i've decided to ease back into things....I'm currently only 4-tabling the $6.50 45 mans while im at work ( might have to leave the comp if a guest comes in, so don't want to have too many goin ) and its actually feeling ok to play, not the dread feeling i've been having the past few months.

I start my mini session today and see a player with a TLB avatar, and guess who it is, fucking MI_Turtle, or Nick Rainey....so I decide to go look and see what else he's playing, and go figure, he's registered in every one of the 45 mans's i'm in. Not sure why he's mixing in the $6.50's into his sets, but whatever, I have'nt gotten into any pots with him yet.

Nick is known as one of the best 45/180 man players on the internet and is known for the legendary amounts of volume he puts in. A lot of people think he's a douchebag, I am not one of those people. I actually knew Nick and golfed with him on occasion back when I worked at TPC. He's a good guy, and fun to play golf with, he hates to lose, even if its a small amount, the dude is just competitive. I actually had no idea Nick even played poker, let alone was very good at it back when he was Patrik's assistant. Anyway, i'm not very happy to see that he's mixing in the games I play, but meh, what you gonna do?

I think i've found a way to stay motivated to play now, i've been following a lot of online grinders blogs and have been reading that a lot of them face the same problems I have, but they always grind through it, I generally don't. I'm seriously contemplating buying some lessons for the 45/180 man turbos from either acbarone, bigbluffzinc, or Nick. While I am confident that my push/fold game is good, it can always be better, and learning from any one of those guys, along with a number of others certainly wouldn't hurt, and it might also push me further in studying my own game on a consistent basis. If you aren't constantly looking for ways to improve, you'll get passed by all the guys that are. I'm positive I have leaks and plugging them is always +EV haha.

i'd like to set some goals for myself for the rest of the year, but i'll just set one, play a consistent amount....somewhere around 1k games a month and i'd consider that an accomplishment.

My sleeping patterns have vastly improved, not sure why, but they are good now...I get 6-8 hours of sleep and have plenty of time to get shit done. Hope to buy a new car in the next month or two, and move down to the cities by Feb, than back to Vegas sometime 2011.

-Bakken out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home