Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

So...today is my last day of work, and man am I pumped. After work, i'll be lighting up a cigar and driving to Mike's house in Milwaukee to spend a few days there and do some high stakes bowling. =) Speaking of bowling, my uncle and I went to Burnsville Monday night to smoke some cigars and do some bowling. We played the first few games not gambling and my uncle was just abismol, barely breaking 100, I bowled my normal 150-180's. So we decided to play some low stakes $0.25/pin action with me spotting him 40 pins. Then he caught fire, I'd bowl a 178, he'd bowl a 166, it got to the point where I was down $21, going into the last game. After some negotiation, I was only going to give 20 pins, straight up, double or nothing, but he swindled 25 out of me. This 5 pins turned out to be costly, as I only beat my uncle by 22 pins, I needed an open frame from him in the 10th and I would have to turkey to win, well he made a mark, and wouldn't you know it, I turkeyed in the 10th anyway, grrr....It was fun though, and we did smoke HIS cigars so that was good.

Last night I went and bought a thank you gift for my Uncle who gave me a job when I went broke and helped me get back on my feet playing poker again. I decided, since he enjoys poker, I'd buy him Phil Gordon's Little Green Book, well I ended up buying two more books for myself also, hehe, needed reading material for my trips. Then I went to bed last night and caught a fever!!! It SUCKED, I was hot, but freezing at the same time, it was a torture filled night and I didn't get any sleep. I felt OK in the morning and am back in good shape now for all kinds of drinking =) I think it may have been the wisdom tooth I got pulled that gave me the small fever. So, here is my schedule for the rest of the month; Tonight driving to Milwaukee, Saturday flight to Vegas, Saturday-Wednesday: Golf, Drinking, Condo Shopping, Thursday driving to Ferris State, Thursday-Sunday: Drinking loads in Michigan and Windsor, ON with college buddies. Then Monday-Wednesday: in Milwaukee while Mike is hangin with his girlfriend, prolly hangout with another friend on an occassion or two. Wednesday: Back to Minnesota, finish some dental work, bowl, and smoke some final cigars with family. Then somewhere between the 28th-30th driving down to LAS VEGAS, that weekend driving to Phoenix to visit my grandparents, pick up a couch, golf, and yes, smoke more cigars. All in all, it looks like a great few weeks, and I am totally stoked to be moving to Vegas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home