Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Wow...did that suck balls. I ended up recouping most of my losses today in a marathon session, but should've won more in the tourney. A horrid play by a player cost me all my chips, I am not complaining about the beat, even though this was the 4th time in the tourney where I was a 4 to 1 favorite and lost, I wanna talk about how terrible the play this player made was.

Final Table of the $50+4 Tourney, I have $41K and pick up KK in the BB. Blinds are 1500-3000 and player in LP makes it 10K to go with 33, not a bad play stealing the blinds is valuable at this point. I then move in for my stack he thinks for a minute then moves in, and flops quads!!!! 33 is a hand you should almost never even think of calling an allin with, especially for 3/4 of your stack, the only hand you have in bad shape is 22, then after that you have to hope a pray for a 50/50 shot, in most cases you'll prolly be dominated like he was here. I dont mind getting outdrawn to get knocked out of a tourney, but when a player calls off his chips to me in horrendous shape, and then hits it always hurts. I wouldve been up to roughly 90K in chips and you can bet I would've done what I always do with a big stack, and run away with the tourney. A $350 win really feels like a $2900 loss right now, it sucks, but my play in tourneys continues to go real well. I am now 9 of 19, with 4 final tables and 1 victory. I finished the cash games today down $650, I am ok with that as I was down $1200 at one point, and was really playing some god awful poker after a few bad beats. I decided to go downstairs, blow off some steam, and think about how much it would suck to have a job, so I sucked it up, and played some really good solid focused poker for the final five hours of my session. I have to keep reminding myself how fortunate I am to be doing this for a living, and make sure I stay emotionally stable when playing. Being emotional stable is a MUST have if you plan on playing this game for a living as it can be very frustrating. Well, thats all for now.

-Bakken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home