Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Sunday, February 19, 2006

And I continue to run like shit, if its not the tourney’s it’s the cash games, if its not the cash games, it’s the tourneys, and sometimes its both. I played in the $150+12 Ace of Spades Tourney today and was cruising, all the way to the final table; I never got my chips in being a dog (as usual) and was third in chips at the beginning of the Final Table. A player with 60K raised to 20,000, which was large since blinds were only 2000-4000. I picked up AK on the button and had a decision to make; I am either raising or folding. I knew by his raise he didn’t want any action, I figured any pair under 99’s I could get to fold and any ace other than Ace King would fold as well, so I moved in, and my opponent instacalled with AQ?????? OK, sweet, I have him dominated and will be an overwhelming chip leader, until of course, I get outdrawn, AGAIN!!! Not only am getting sick of getting outdrawn, but also it’s happening against hands that shouldn’t even be there. The only hand my opponent beats AJ, not only has he been playing with me for three hours and see me showdown nothing but monsters, but he figures he is going to call and HOPE to be in a coin flip situation. I am sick of these donks knocking me out or crippling me in tourneys. But I guess without donks, I wouldn’t be able to make a living off of this game. I then proceeded to make a donk-like call with 88 for the rest of my chips, hoping to be in a coin flip, and ended up being dominated, see ya in the spring, I ended up in 9th, so fucking frustrating.

I also got CRUSHED in the cash games today, KK running into AA, sets running into bigger sets, it was the worst day I have had in awhile, and it really sucked. Not mention, every single one of my opponents draws getting there today. I ended up losing $850 in the cash games, and won $400 in the tourney. Feels like a goddamn $6K swing. Completely disheartened right now, and now I am going to get good and drunk, and will be back at it tomorrow.

-Bakken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home