Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Monday, February 06, 2006

Well…I am now in Vegas, living in my new apartment and finally got my network setup. I really like the apartment and it’s coming together nicely. Now to what I’ve been doing for the last few weeks.

Me and my roommate Mike set off on January 30th for Las Vegas from Minneapolis, about a 24-hour trip. We drove through Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona, and I have to say all the states are quite boring. There are some cool Mountains in some of the states but you get real bored with them, real fast, and the thin air in Denver messes with your vehicle, lighters, head, it really gets lame. Nebraska and Iowa are just fields, fields, and more fields, as boring as those are, it really makes you think, some of them goes as far as the eye can see, and one farmer takes care of it, those people must put in some sick hours. And then Utah just plain sucks, its boring and there is virtually no civilization, no clue how anybody could live there. So we drove for 16 hours on Monday, then 8 more on Tuesday, it was a pretty easy drive, but I wouldn’t want to do it again. We were going to stay with my buddy Dan, but he didn’t get off work for another hour, so we had some time to kill. We went to our favorite bowling alley on Fremont St. and got pretty annihilated; we ended up staying at the Four Queens, which was pretty fun.

On Wednesday we went to move in, and spent about 4 hours driving around trying to get Mike’s cashier’s check cashed. Boy are those things worthless, they have the same holding period as a regular check, so what in god’s name is the point of them?? Mike ended up paying $240 to get it cashed and a check-cashing place, which was totally lame. So then we spent the next 5 or 6 hours buying stuff for the apartment, it took me TWO days to put together the dining room table, lol. We then proceeded to go golfing with a friend down here, and proceeded to play like CRAP. After that we went to Callaway golf Center to hit some balls, and Jimmy straightened out my swing for me. Yesterday we played, TPC of Summerlin with Jimmy, and even though the course was dormant and we had to play on temporary greens, it was still sweet to play the course, I shot an 84, which was pretty bad, but the wind probably cost me 4 or 5 strokes, and the temp greens at least 6 or 7 strokes, so all in all I didn’t play too bad. I am looking forward to playing the course when the reconstruction is done. Last night we went bowling with my buddy Dan and his girlfriend, and Dan got just totally annihilated. I ended up winning around a $100 from Dan and about $65 from Mike, I also bowled my career high game a 206. I’ve come to the conclusion the drunker I am, the better I bowl, lol. I just started playing poker again yesterday, and am making a whopping $1/hr. It’s tough to make money when your nut full house runs into quads six times!!! Needless to say that cost me a pretty penny every time that happened. I am planning on playing the 20K guaranteed tonight on poker room, so hopefully that goes well. That’s about all that has been going on lately, I am going to visit my grandparents tomorrow in Phoenix to golf, smoke ceegars, and pick up some furniture, so I am pretty excited to see them, and eat my Grandma’s cooking, and my Grandpa’s grilling. Until next time, this is Bakken signing off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home