Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, February 23, 2006

So far this month has been pretty good for me. I’m up right around $3500 in the cash games, but down about $1000 in tournaments. I knew this downside of tournaments would come eventually since I was running so good in tournaments two months ago, its just really frustrating. I will continue to play tournaments everyday and grind it out, as I love the competition of them, even though their hourly wage doesn’t work out to be higher than my cash game wage.

Now, onto some other things, on Tuesday night we did some more bowling. I mean, how can you go wrong, $1/games, and $1/beers, what could be better? The night had some heavy gambling going on, our buddy Daniels kept giving Mike and I some sick odds to do certain things, like marking out or breaking 200, I only won two small odds to break even on the night and Mike won zero. After bowling we went back to the apartment, and low and behold it finally happened, I puked from drinking for the first time in Vegas, not even really sure how it happened since I only drank about six beers, and I usually never puke off beer, weird. Anyway, that night, Daniels, who is about a scratch or one handicap, decided to give me 8 strokes and Mike 11 strokes for $50/matches during golf on Wednesday morning at the TPC of Canyons. This should’ve been the easiest $50 I have ever won, but as fate would have it I am a Bakken. Mike and I had Jimmy shaking in his booties, as $50 is a lot to him and not to us, not to mention after five holes Mike and I were both up on him by one stroke straight up, and I was hung over!!!! Until the inevitable, Bakken blowup, I got a fucking 12 on #6, that’s right, a 2 handicap, can get 12’s. But, in all fairness, the bunkers at this course were ALL different, some were hard, some were soft, so I never knew what club or how to play the shot, because I never knew if sand was underneath the surface or hardpan, arg, I spent a total of 8 shots in bunkers on that hole, and was still two shots ahead of Daniels, but this kid is a pretty good golfer, and he might be the luckiest human being on the planet, I have never seen someone get so many bounces. He literally should’ve been in the gorge about 5 times, or at least had to take an unplayable, but to no avail, he always got a good kick with a clean lie. Me, I always landed on top of rocks or right next to them. So I ended up losing the bet, while Mike won his, no biggie though, I still got to play the TPC of Canyons for dirt-cheap. On another note, paying for groceries sucks balls. Until next time…

-Bakken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home