Bakken's Poker and Random Blog

Daily posts about poker and other random stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States

Friday, March 03, 2006

So, I haven’t been up to much lately, just the same old playing poker, smoking cigars, and golfing. Poker has really been draining on me as of late; the cash games have been going pretty bad, until last night. I’m pretty sure I am either going to be an emotional rock, or have a nervous breakdown by the end of the year, lol. Here are my end of the month stats, I played 127.6 hours of cash games, made $2497.25 for an hourly wage of $19.57, I played 50 hours of tournaments, and lost $1370, for an hourly wage of -$27.40, but in my last 11 events I have made three final tables and five cashes, so those are starting to turn around. So the end of month figures are Total Earnings $1127.25, Total hourly wage $6.35. Not a bad month, once the tourneys turn around it will be a lot better, it doesn’t help that my rakeback affiliate stiffed me out of $2000. I did switch affiliates this month, and he is giving me a $600 bonus next week, and I am making about $250 a week with him. I’ve already received my first payment from him, so I know he is legit.

Now, onto some other things, we bought a beer pong table the other night, so we could practice for when all the dudes get into town tonight. We had a three-man tourney with regular season and playoffs. I was extremely rusty and ended up finishing third, BUT I have a new shot, that once I perfect it, I will be unstoppable. Our house rules state that you can bounce a shot in for two cups, but the other team can swat it as soon as it bounces, so you have to be sneaky. Well my shot is a lob shot, as long as it hits just before the cup, it takes a dead bounce and goes in, it always works too, because its too risky for the other team to swat it, because they may knock over their cups. After the tourney we went to watch a movie and bowl, we saw Running Scared which was an awesome flick, and then I proceeded to bowl my ass off. The first few games I bowled 175, 190, 223, 188, and was up a quick $120 on Daniels, but then the beer hit me, and I followed those games up with a 111, and 117, ending the night up $65. The next morning, Mike and I, wandered on over to Pahrump, NV, to check out a course there, as it was only 45 minutes and $25 with a cart. This course was a great course for $25; we will be playing this course once a week, because it’s so cheap. The only thing that sucked is we got paired with some douche bags. They were very quiet, slow and pretty bad. The on guy was OK, but he thought he was Sergio Garcia, just took forever, and the other dude, took like 8 shots a hole, and lost a ball on each which they always went to look for OB in the desert! At the turn, they said they were getting something to eat, Mike and I saw the opening and took it, and we were free of the douche bags =)

That’s about it, I paid all my bills for this month, so that is one month that I have survived in Vegas, my buddies get in tonight, so we will have a pretty crazy weekend. We plan on checking out the National Heads-Up Poker Championship at Caesars; then we will be playing golf at TPC of Canyons on Sunday, Reflection Bay on Monday, and Dragons Ridge on Tuesday. Should be a pretty sweet lineup, hopefully I don’t blow too much money, until next time….
-Bakken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home